Join us for the Launch of the Climate Peace and Action Strategy at the NDC (National Determined Contribution).
The panel aims to introduce Colombia's peace and climate action strategy as a benchmark for NDCs globally. It seeks to facilitate a technical dialogue with experts from global organizations to delve into the relevance and impact of the peace and climate action strategy. This exploration will be conducted from the standpoint of intergenerational peacebuilding, positive peacebuilding, and human mobility.
The analytical framework devised in Colombia for integrating the peace approach into the NDC comprises three key axes: positive peace, human security, and peacebuilding. Mr. Serge Stroobants from IEP will discuss the significance of integrating the pillars of Positive Peace, one of the primary axes. He will elaborate on the analytical framework currently in development within Colombia's strategy for incorporating the peace approach into climate action.
- Sebastian Camilo Carranza, Director of Climate Change and Risk Management of the Colombian Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development
- Inger Ashing, Global Director of Save the Children
- Serge Stroobants, Director of Europe and MENA region of the Institute for Economics and Peace
- (TBD) Delegate of the IOM Directorate
- (TBD) Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Colombia
- Moderation: Maria Cristina Cifuentes (academic guest)